Friday, February 3, 2012

Barcelona - Catalunya

Landed in Barcelona (4 hours late) feeling like it was Washington State. You can guess what I mean - cold and gloomy. I was quite surprised how cold it was but supposedly this is unusual for the region. I was sitting in the plane about to land when it dawned on me that 1) I did not have my cousin's number 2) I did not have their address. How typical. Luckily Grace and Noel were in the airport waiting for me since 0700! Approx 5 hours not knowing exactly when I was suppose to arrive. It all worked out in the end. Always does.



Slept for 9 hours last night. This morning remains to be cold but at least it is sunny! Noel and Grace graciously took me around downtown Barcelona in an area known as the Catalunya.

A monument of Christopher Columbus (pointing to the west?)


This area have the famous Mercat de La Boqueria.  A wet market much like the Farmer's Market in Seattle. I travel not only to experience the culture but the food. Most importantly eating what the locals eat. This is where Pinotxo Tapas comes in...
In front of the famous Pinotxo Bar. With probably only a dozen chairs this little gem keeps busy!

Enjoying a draft in the late morning and waiting for my meal.



This old guy is the famous owner known to a lot of foodies for masterminding some of the most original Tapas plate around. He has the aura of a celebrated chef. I mean look at that winning smile.

It is famous but I can't recall the name right now...


 


A well known cathedral in renovation.
P.S. washing underwear or any article of clothing in a typical Spanish bathroom is no fun...



4 comments:

  1. looks fun! miss you kuya. keep up the blog! i can't wait to see where else you'll be going

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, how will you solve this phone thing? told you so... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already such an amazing blog ...thank you for sharing with us Carlo :). And you slept for nine hours... omg

    ReplyDelete
  4. yah you probably shouldn't be listening to music while exploring alone.

    ReplyDelete