Friday, February 24, 2012

Ooo La la


Jake and I
Aaron and I in Bruges at an African  underground  (physically)  themed bar
You know Paris is a pretty neat city! On my first day I discovered a free walking tour. Not really free but they work on tips. I got to learn alot of general information and manage to see most of what a tourist needed to see in about 3 hours. I hanged out with an American named Jake from New York after the tour and we got to see the Eifel lit up at night. Unfortunately the photo of him and I look like crap.

(Side note in Bruges that I wanted to shout out)
Met an American from Wiscounsin studying
in England and his name is Aaron. Me and him hanged out and enjoyed ourselves to some really good Belgian beer at this really cool African themed bar filled with kids probably as young as 16. You know I been drinking quite a bit of beer in this whole vacation. More so than what I drink at home. I am cutting down.

Anyway back to Paris... So yada yada I did not go to the Louvre museum because I know it would have bored me to death ;) Nope I feel like I did not miss a single thing! Hey look at least I have a picture standing right to it....

Center of the Louvre


It is respectful to the dead to be put on display like this?

Went to the catacomb and saw a million dead people for 8 Euros. It was rather interesting to see such a massive collection of human remains! Just to think they were once breathing living human beings now entombed forever in this dark tunnel for tourist to gawk at everyday... Take my organs just dont put me on display.

Tamara and I
Alex and I
I met up with Tamara in Paris who I first met in Rome at the hostel. She is a really wonderful lady who just loves to create art and very passionate about it too. She took the time to show me around Paris and I am grateful she did because I would have not discovered some of the things she showed me. Thank you Tamara. I hope to see you again in the near future!

I just love meeting all these people. This Alex kid from California have been travelling for over a year now. He just came from East Asia and we spent the night shooting the breeze with some wine. Yeah I know I need to not drink for a bit but being in Europe I think it is mandatory to do so. Really cool guy. He is what I call a drifter but with money to spend haha.

Camino here I come..




3 comments:

  1. Its okay if you drink Lolo (: isnt it part of euro culture? Just dont get drunk and have someone steal your stuff. Its interesting the amt of ppl you meet who have travelling for months and thats all they do?? Hmm. Dunno whether to envy them or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey son,looks like you are really having some fun there huh?guessed it's really worth the "trip" after all.you are right,just take it easy on those alcohol,esp.while doing the walk,need to stay sober and alert all the time;like what i had been telling you and carmina all the time..when "it's too good to be true,then it's probably not true";don't be too trusting to others......
    so have fun on the rest of your trip,don't mind me ,i am just your dad talking,good luck. love u n have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carlo, that was very nice this afternoon with you! I hope you continue to have good time during your trip and come back home safe and happy! Have fun !

    ReplyDelete